Hi, my name is Andrii Baryshpolets, a Ukrainian International Grandmaster, and I am running for President of the International Chess Federation (FIDE). I fundraise for the electoral campaign, which precedes the upcoming elections in Chennai, India, on August 7, 2022.
I strive to make FIDE reputable, transparent, professional, and financially sustainable. Despite the ever-growing global popularity of chess, FIDE has been struggling to become a reputable organization as it is currently run by a Russian politician trying to get re-elected. The predecessor of the incumbent President was another Russian politician who had run FIDE for 23 years.
Reputability, professionalism, and love for chess are the core values that are the cornerstones of my service. My principles are the following:
• Zero tolerance for corruption in any form;
• FIDE shall serve chess, not private or political interests, and maintain the total independency of particular federations or governments of countries;
• FIDE shall strive for maximum transparency and openness in relationships with the global chess community;
• Commitment to global inclusion and promotion of chess by serving ALL member federations regardless of their level;
• Observe democratic, liberal, and corporate governance principles.
More information on my team and campaign can be found on our Facebook page — https://www.facebook.com/teambaryshpolets2022/ and the website is coming shortly. The raised money will be spent on travel expenses and promotional efforts during the electoral campaign. I commit to making the expenses publicly available.
Andrii Baryshpolets, PhD