RULES & REGULATION
1. The tournament will be played by the Swiss FIDE System in 9 rounds.
2. The duration of the game is 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment from move 1.
3. All players with a valid FIDE Spain licence and players from other countries with a valid FIDE licence can participate.
4. The tournament is valid to compute ELO FIDE and ELO FEDA.
5. The tournament will be played in two groups:
· Group A: Open to all players with a FIDE elo above 1750 points. Valid for FIDE and FEDA ELO. It will be played from Tuesday 11th April to Sunday 16th April.
· Group B: Open to all players with a FIDE elo below 2000 points. Valid for FIDE and FEDA elo. It will be played from Tuesday 11th April to Sunday 16th April.
A player may request to play in the higher group. If the inscription does not indicate anything, the player will be included in the group that corresponds to his FIDE Elo. The initial ranking will be formed taking into account the FIDE Elo and then FEDA Elo.
6. The pairings will be made through the computer program “Swiss Manager”.
7. The director of the tournament is Mr. David Pons Carreras, the main referee will be Mr. l’AI José Francisco Suárez Roa.
8. Any player who shows up for the game more than thirty minutes late, in relation to the scheduled start time of the round, will forfeit his/her game. If he/she does not show up for the first round, or for two consecutive or alternate rounds, he/she will be eliminated, unless the referee decides otherwise.
9. Byes will be credited with +0.5 points. They may be requested to the referee before the end of the previous round with a maximum of two for the whole tournament, except for the last two rounds when byes are not allowed.
10. Ties: for any position in the general classification, the following systems will be used in this order: Brazilian Bucholz (FIDE setting: game against virtual opponent), Medium Bucholz (FIDE setting: game against virtual opponent), and Progressive without going to the last round.
11. In accordance with FIDE chess laws, player access to the game room with mobile phones or any other electronic device is strictly prohibited. The referee may admonish the offenders with sanctions that can be from a warning to the loss of the game.
12. Any point not foreseen in these tournament rules will be resolved by applying the FIDE regulations for open tournaments. In case of a complaint, it must be made within 1 hour after the end of the round. In this case the organization will create an appeal committee formed by a qualified player, a member of the Balearic federation and a member of the organization.
13. The tournament will be suspended for reasons of force majeure prevent its development, in these cases the organization will be limited to the return of the fees charged.
14. The participants of the tournament, or their legal guardians in case of minors, authorize the publication of their personal data in the different media that the organization finds appropriate as well as the dissemination of the event (list of results, classification, participants, games, photographs and videos of the tournament, etc.)
15. The pairings can be consulted on the web openchessmenorca.com
16. Participation in the tournament implies full acceptance of these rules.