As FIDE allocated €100,000 to support the holding of open tournaments all over the world in 2021.
Each open tournament Organiser applying for the Aid Package shall accept the conditions and meet the requirements listed below.
CONDITIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- An application for the Aid Package shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20th
- The Aid Package cannot exceed 20% of the total budget and cannot exceed €15,000
- At least 10% of the total prize fund shall be allocated for women’s prizes and at least 5% of the total prize fund shall be allocated for veteran’s prizes
- FIDE may require the tournament to establish lower fees (or absence of fees) for the agreed categories of participants (veterans, youth, women, representatives of developing countries)
- FIDE may require FIDE sponsors to be reasonably represented at the tournament
- The Organiser is requested to fill out the following form (all the information provided will remain confidential):
Full info fide.com