5th Sharjah Masters 2022 International Chess Championship
The Sharjah Cultural & Chess Club (SCCC) is pleased to invite you to participate in the 5th Sharjah Masters 2022, which will be held at the Club’s premises, from May 20th (Arrival) to 30th (Departure).
5th Sharjah Masters (round 1)
Participation & Registration
● The event will be held as an Invitational Tournament, with (maximum) 80 players of FIDE Standard Rating of 2300 and above, as of May 2022 FIDE Rating List (Standard).
● Out of these 80 players the 60 will be selected by the middle of April 2022 (after relative Application) and the rest 20 will be given Wild Card participation permission.
● The highest rated player per federation will be invited to participate, after Application. Priority will be given to higher (over-the-board) titles and ratings. Exceptions can be given to the Wild Cards.
● All participating Players and Accompanying Persons are obliged to fully comply with the Rules and Regulations of the Tournament, the Organising Committee & the United Arab Emirates state.
● All event’s participants must present a Vaccination Certificate (pre-send by e-mail). All Participants must comply with the Safety & Sports Regulations of UAE.
● FIDE Name & FIDE-ID must be mentioned in any communication or Bank Transfer.
● Any participation’s Application must be pre-approved. The Organising Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any participant’s application according to FIDE Rules and Regulations, the UAE Laws and Health Reasons, or, finally, a Force Majeure.
● All Applications will be closed on April 15th (24:00 UAE Time) and only an online one is accepted via the tournament’s official e-mail, which is:
firstname.lastname@example.org (24:00 UAE Time) and only an online one is accepted via the tournament’s official e-mail, which is email@example.com.
● The tournament will be held as a 9-round Swiss System Type, with a Standard Time Control of a total of ninety (90) minutes & thirty (30) seconds increment per move starting from move one (1), for each player.
● Delay Time will be on thirty (30) minutes.
● The Playing Hall will be at the Sharjah Cultural & Chess Club (Sharjah, UAE) premises.
● The tournament will be FIDE Rated (Standard FIDE Rating List – FRL).
● The Organising Committee, taking into reference the Standard FIDE Rating List of May 2022 and prior Application & Approval, shall provide:
○ Invited GMs rated 2700+: Single-room accommodation with full board. Appearance Fee of USD 2.000.
○ Invited GMs rated 2650-2699: Shared double-room accommodation with full board. Appearance Fee of USD 500.
○ Invited GMs rated 2600-2649: Shared double-room accommodation with full board. Appearance Fee of USD 300.
○ Expected Hotel Departure will be on May 30th, 2022 before 12:00 noon. Late departure charges are to be borne by the participant.
● If a Player is given any of the above privileges, the Organising Committee will contact him/her directly with an official form to be signed and returned as instructed, via the official e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
● The invited Players are also entitled to:
○ To and From the SCCC premises to the official Hotel (daily).
○ From and To Dubai (Terminals 1-2-3) or Sharjah airports to the official Hotel.
● The deadline for any Application is by April 15th.
Awards & Prizes
● Awards & Prizes will be distributed according to the following table.
● Note that the cash prizes will be in total of USD 60.000 (for both events). Cash Prizes will not be shared, but awarded by points and/or tie-break criteria, as per Article 8.USD 60.000.
● The entry fees will be as following, as per title and FIDE rating (Standard FIDE-FRL) of May 2022:
● GMs & WGMs: USD 0.
● Rating 2600 and above: USD 0.
● Rating 2500-2600: USD 150.
● Rating 2400-2500: USD 300.
● Rating 2300-2400: USD 400.
Technical Director IM,FT Omar Noaman Al Ali
General Coordinator IA/IO Rajai Al Susi
Assistant Coordinator GM/FST/IA/IO Efstratios Grivas
WhatsApp +306936888163 — Mobile +971551880025.